Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hunger Games Day!!!

I hope all of you got most of your apps done! They look like they're coming along good :D Does LilyPad look like fun to you guys? Lego NXT was always my favorite but Arduino is a close second!

Isn't it weird that it's already the 4th day of camp? I hope you have been having a blast after camp with dinner and activities! Today is Hunger Games and I'm really really excited for it, I think we'll have a lot of fun!


What was your favorite activity today? Numbers or Partners? I like partners the best because you really have to think on your feet. 



                         





Time for NXT stuff!!!


Click here for Inch Worm tutorial! 
The person to build and program the fastest gets a prize!

NXT Projects:




Okay...drumroll please...the blog prompt for today issssssssssssssss:

Imagine you opened your own restaurant. Tell the name of your restaurant. Explain what the restaurant looks like, who works there, and what you serve.


Linday: My restaurant would be called My Little Corner and it would be a small little restaurant with books galore, records and movies. We would loan out all of our materials, or you could read/listen/watch them in the store. It would be a really comfy looking place with sofas, chairs, rugs and of course a few really cozy tables. I would probably hire college and high school kids since its really hard for them to find jobs and I would serve coffee, desserts, soups and salads. Nothing too extreme maybe some sandwiches too. Basically like a mix between a Starbucks and a library.



Noor: My restaurnat would be called "The Taste of Iraq." It would feature my mother's amazing Iraqi cuisine. The atmosphere would be calm and homey. There would be traditional Arab seating and Western seating. Arabic music would be playing in the background. I'd hire college students and relatives. I'd serve Dolma (stuffed vegetables), Arabic bread, rice, stews, sweets, and our famous Iraqi Kababs. :)

Susi: My restaurant would be called "Lunas de Bali", it means Bali's moons in Spanish:). I pick this name because my last name is Bali, which is also the name of a tropical island, and my dad's name is Rafael Espinoza Luna, and Luna means moon in spanish:). So this restaurant would be a coffee shop/library, kind of serving the same things as starbucks, but way more sweets and bread, Mexican bread of course, it's the most delicious! Books would cover the entire store! As well as comfy couches and little reading corners all around. Lots of bookshelves filled with an amazing variety of literature would be available to customers. Customers could also check out the books just like in a library; the more books you check out, the more points you can accumulate to get promotions and free coffee and snacks. If it seems like I have thought about this way too much, it's because I have! It is my mom's dream to have something like this:), I hope someday we can.
Note: I had not read Linday's blog before I wrote this, crazy!! 


End of day survey (hey that rhymes!) Click ME!!!!

SEE YOU TONIGHT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment