Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Halfway Mark! (Wednesday)

Hello Chicas!

Hope you're enjoying Camp! It goes by so fast! We are halfway done with Camp! :(

But we have got to learn so much and there is still more learning to do! 

We started today learning new things on Alice 3.0 with Susi. 
Your project requirements for Alice are:



  • World must contain at least 10 objects, including at least 1 object from each class 
  • 2 characters must move to at least 3 new positions.
  • at least 4 camera changes with different positions and angles.
  • At least 2 evens
  • Write/Modify at least 4 methods.
  • Animation/Game play must last at least 2 minutes


After Alice we continuing LilyPad Arduino with me! We programmed and practiced sewing a button and LED. Then we worked on sound. I hope you guys have your designs ready cause we start today! I can't wait to see all your amazing projects! :)

Remember the requirements for LilyPad



 

  • Have design approved by me (Noor).
  • At least 2 LEDS. Can have 3.
  • 1 speaker.
  • 1 button.


After lunch, I let you work on your LilyPad until 3, then it was NXT time! You will only have today and Open lab time to work on your projects. 
Remember to build and program! :)
We took a break to do the blanket activity. Don't you just love using your problem solving skills? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog Prompt:
Write about your first name—why you were given it, what associations or stories are attached to it, what you think or know it means. Do the same for your last name. Given the chance, what name would you give yourself?
My name in Arabic.

Noor: My name means light in Arabic. My mother loved the name because it had a special meaning to our religion. My parents said they wanted to give me a "light" (haha pun!) name because I was blonde and fair skinned. I love my name but people always misspell or mispronounce it. It's horrible. I've been called Noir, Noah, Nora, Norma, Norm, No, the list is endless! My last name is Muhyi. It means "Giver of Life" in Arabic. It's been pronounced Mooshi, Mushu, Moohehe, Muyee, and Musushi. I'm really proud of my last name. It's a really well-known last name in Iraq. My grandfather opened a university in Iraq in the 80's and it's still there! If I had to change my name, I'd change it to Noora. It's close and most people can pronounce it :P I really like my Arabic name and it's meaning. :)


Linday: I was named after an amazing woman named Linda, but my parents wanted me to be different, and they thought that the name Lindy (which used to be used for men's and women's names) was really pretty. So they mixed the names and named me Linday. My middle name is also from being named after someone (my mom's best friend) and is Denise. Which I think is really really pretty. Then my last name is German, and actually has an interesting story. During World War II my family came to America from Selters, Germany, which is the town from where Seltzer water originated! Originally my family had the last name of Seltzers, but because that sounded like a really really German name, and after WWII America was very anti German, they took the name of the town, Selters and used it instead, because Selters can be confused for a European name. So my entire name is Linday Denise Selters...which means Pretty Spanish Dancer who is the god of Wine and the inventor of Seltzer water!!! lol But I wouldn't change it for the world!


SusiMy first name is Susana, and my parents picked it because they really liked it, it is not too common either. It's a funny story because my mom originally wanted to name me Monica, but my dad refused because to him it sounded like "mono", which means monkey in Spanish (no offense to the Monicas of the world). My last name is Bali, and since my dad is from La Havana, Cuba, it is uncommon here. It originally came from a group of Jews "menonitas" who fled to Cuba for safety, then the family branched out in Cuba . In India, the meaning of the name Bali is "mighty warrior", in Hindu mythology, it is the name of the monkey king who can weaken enemies with a wish (oh the irony). I really like my name and I would not change it! I don't like it when people call me Susan though....                    
               
            Click here for End of the Day Survey!

Love ya,
~Noor

No comments:

Post a Comment