Friday, July 12, 2013

TGIF!! FriDay DinoDay!

Hello beautiful ladies!!

I hope you guys enjoyed the movie last night! As you may already know, I love minions!! This minion was probably working on his Alice project when he got distracted by a banana. If you look closely it kind of looks like that other minion has Alice open on his screen...


Today you guys got to sleep in...sweet!! I hope that you are well rested and energized to finish the camp strong! We started the day having open Alice time, I'm sure it is very needed. Here are the project requirements for Alice:


  • World must contain at least 10 objects, including at least 1 object from each class
  • 2 characters must move to at least 3 new places/positions
  • At least 4 camera changes with different positions and angles
  • At least 2 events
  • Write/modify at least 4 methods
  • Animation/Game play must last at least 2 minutes

I am positive that all of you want to have awesome projects for presentation day :)! Keep in mind that having lots of methods versus just code in "MyFirstMethod" will save you lots of confusion and hassle.


Next we learned about BLOOD SPATTER ANALYSIS. It is amazing how useful a little drop can be in a crime scene, right? You will all be blood spatter analyst yourselves tomorrow, when we set up a crime scene for you to decipher (your notes will be very useful!).

I hope all of you worked diligently during Open Lab Time. Yes? Yes? Ok Yes :)! Now who enjoyed Jurassic park! It was AMAZING!! The dinosaurs used in the movie are not green screens, they are actually robots programmed to move and what not. Let's not forget that the little girl saves everyone by fixing the computer. Oh, the power of computer science. And the awesome phrase"WOMAN INHERITS THE EARTH"!



So everyday is a holiday! Did you know that? It really is an official thing. Our national holiday today is Different Colored Eyes Day!

Different Colored Eyes Day has two reasons to celebrate.  First of all, it celebrates diversity of eye color. Wouldn't the world be boring, if everyone had the same color of eyes?

Secondly, it recognizes an eye condition called Heterochromia. People who have this trait,  have two different colors of eyes. One eye may be brown, while the other is blue.  Famous people who have Heterochromia include David Bowie, Jane Seymour, and Christopher Walken.


We shall have a great rest of camp, I know it. Just keep working hard and putting your best effort :).

Your blog prompt for today is What current fashion in clothing do you particularly like or dislike? Explain.


Susi: I love summer dresses with the flower prints! When I was in middle school I recall that flower prints in anything were not very "in". I love to wear them because I feel fresh and pretty :).

Noor: I love long tunics. I've always loved the oriental designed ones. I get some from Santa Fe, actually. haha. In a little Indian Boutique in Downtown. I love them! They can be casual or dressy! I dislike crop tops. It's really unflattering and it's just confusing to me why people would want to look like they can't afford a full shirt. :P

Linday: I really like my pastels, so I'm glad that they're really in this summer. Usually I pair my pastels with a really bright color that pops! The fashion that I dislike this summer is cut out dresses. I don't like it when I'm shopping and find a really cute dress just to find out that the stomach, lower back or belly button is cut out or see through! Yuck!!!


To take the end of day survey, click HEEEEEEEEREEEE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment