Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Peanut Butter Jelly (and Treasure) Time!!!

Today was an intense day! First, we got to know each other a bit more in a competitive game of spoons. Then, we learned about what is behind the scenes of the computer programs we use most often - Scratch, Greenfoot, PencilCode, Facebook, Amazon, and Google!

Campers are learning CS basics - variables, comparators, algorithms, and data structures!
After learning the importance of giving specific instructions by telling SP and Sofia how to make a PB&J sandwich, students made a house and smiley-face in PencilCode with Susi.
The winners of the PB&J contest
were Katrina and Katie H.!



We ended the day by working on Scratch and learning Greenfoot. We did a lot of work today, but we learned so much and it was amazing!

Blog Prompt: What quality or talent is most likely to make you famous one day? It’s okay to brag!

Noor -- A talent I believe will make me famous is my creativity and innovative ideas. I love inventing and creating objects from nothing and give it a purpose! 

Jen -- I think I could be famous for my ability to organize, problem-solve, and think creatively and critically. I want to become a lawyer and eventually a Supreme Court justice, just like Ruth Bader Ginsburg! And, I'm on track to achieve my goals - next summer I have an internship in Washington D.C. at the White House!
                                               
                                               Susi- I think I would be famous for dancing if I work really really hard. I choose this talent because it is the activity I have the most fun with and I would love to do it all the time. I joined the NMSU DanceSport team my freshman year of college and I loved it!  I like to choreograph quinceaneras so if any of you need a choreographer let me know! :}

                                               Joanna- I hope that the talent that will take me far will be my knowledge of computer coding combined with my passion for art and design so I can create useful and attractive web applications that people will use and remember.


SP- My talent or quality that I hope will one day 
make me famous one day is my passion for problem solving. This talent will help me accomplish any obstacle I overcome. I want to combine it with my degree of Mathematics and Computer Science so I can make something AWESOME for out futures!!! ;)


At the end of each day of camp, we encourage our students to fill out a small survey so that we can better craft an amazing camp experience. The survey for today can be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment