Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pajama-wearing Programmers!


Sofi, Ana, and Ari!
Happy PJ Day!

Tomorrow is presentation day! Wow, time flies.


Hope you are all working hard! Enjoy some UP gifs :)

Jessie was the Hulk!
We started the day with a Guess Who activity! It was fun to watch everyone figure out who they were!

We came inside and worked on Python. You made a word scrambler that helped you in your scavenger hunt! The winners will get prizes tomorrow! 

After Python, you did Greenfoot with SP. She taught you how to begin designing your game!
We had lunch from Santa Fe Grill! Yum!

Then we did Linux commands in pairs! After that you had Open Build!
We will be presenting tomorrow so you should get ready for presentations! Work on the projects you want to present!



Blog Prompt: What would you do if you were locked inside your favorite department store overnight?


Noor- My favorite store is Hobby Lobby. If I were stuck there overnight I would make tons of crafts of every kind. Cross-stitch, sewing, scrapbooking, candle-making, painting, calligraphy, and so much more. I would make a bed out of furniture and fabrics. I would eat junk food from the tiny food section. I would stay up all night making art and crafts. It's my heaven!

Jen - This is so difficult for me to answer (since my favorite stores are fictional...)! I would stay in either:
  • Duncan's Toy Chest in New York (from Home Alone 2) - Amazing toys! I would play with the trains and make an awesome track all the way around the store! And, I would probably create a Rube Goldberg machine :)
  • Diagon Alley in London (from Harry Potter) - Yes! Magical things! I would go into every shop and get all the things that I could use at my first year at Hogwarts, including a Nimbus 2001, Quidditch robes, and an owl that I would name Deb.
Galen-Let's seeeee any store?  Well, personally, I think hanging out in a Toys 'R' Us or Walmart would be most fun, especially if the electricity worked all night long.  I'd make forts out of the entire isles, play the demos for all the videogames I want, and skateboard and bike around in the halls!  It'd be even better if I could have my friend Jaimi with me to sword fight and build with!  Imagine all the possibilities!!!

At the end of each day of camp, we encourage our students to fill out a small survey so that we can better craft an amazing camp experience. The survey for today can be found here!

3 comments:

  1. having fun is the number one rule today if you are not having fun then leave or come to me and i'll cheer you up

    ReplyDelete












































  2. '''''''''''''''''''''whooo hoooo

    ReplyDelete