Thursday, June 20, 2013

Potterluck Day...Oh the Joy!

It's Thursday! Only one more day till presentations! :O

Today is Ice Cream Soda Day! It is a great way to cool off in this crazy hot weather. In honor of this day make sure to include your favorite ice cream and soda flavors in your blog! Yum...

Our girls started out the day with a morning activity as usual but when they came inside they pulled out their sleuthing gear! Today was the start of our forensics lab! They started their work with fingerprinting, learning characteristics, minutiae, patterns and the Henry-FBI classification system before putting it to use themselves.






Later in the day they pulled out their LilyPad Arduino projects again, I must say that they're coming along so well! I love all the different ideas they are coming up with and I'm excited to see what they're look like in the end.






Lunch today was a Potterluck! We had:

Well and of course real food, pizza. But that's not as cool as Butterbeer (non alcoholic of course), skiving snack-boxes, licorice wands, chocolate frogs, golden snitches and Bertie Bott's every flavor beans.



Then we went back to the room and started Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets while we worked on our projects! They got to choose between working on App Inventor or LilyPad Aduino. It was a really relaxed and fun afternoon.

Blog Prompt: After watching the video "What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?" from Lean In, please answer the question, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"




If I wasn't afraid, I would ...


Jen: Continue with education and pursue the necessary career path to become a Supreme Court Judge!

Noor: Never let the judgement of others limit me from getting my PhD and starting my own business.

Linday: I wouldn't worry about impressing others and I would stop letting people's words get me down.

Susi: I would not be afraid of failure, I would try to learn more from my mistakes instead.

Tasha: Create my own nonprofit organization :)

Janie: Drive myself to new places, travel the world on my own, and be more vocal about my thoughts!

Nicole: Move to Antarctica to do research for a year!

Becca: Pursue (FINISH!!) my doctorate in Water Resource Management. It would allow me to work outdoors, in defense of our amazing and diminishing natural resources, and it would challenge me in ways I have never been challenged.

Myranda: Share my ideas more often.

Joellen: I would speak up more and not care so much about how others see me.


Click here to take the End-of-Day Survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment