Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tribute Tuesday

GET READY FOR TRIBUTE TUESDAY!!!

Today started off with a Spoons activity led by SP.

The object of the game was to knock off other players balls from their spoon while defending your own ball within a limited playing area. The game got intense as the playing area was made smaller. The skills used were hand-eye coordination and in some instances team work to eliminate players.


Next, we began NXT Robotics led by Jen.
Team work was essential to survival of your bot so in order to create the best bot. Sharing, communication and building skills were  also required to maintain a well working bot.





Blog Prompt: What is a place you would like to go at least once in your life? Describe it and tell me why you want to go there.


SP - A place that I want to go at least once in my life is Venice, Italy. I want to go there because it is a beautiful location that uses gondolas to travel to certain locations in the city. Their streets are alive with tradition and culture and I think it would be fun to visit. They also still host masquerade balls where everyone gets all dressed up. It is usually an annual festival called  Carnival of Venice.  Can't wait till the day I can go!!!

http://www.islands.com/files/_images/201006/Venice_Italy_calender_wallpaper_1920x1200.jpghttp://whenonearth.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/8688139130_06e5d27086_b.jpg


Galen - If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd really like to go to either Japan, specifically Kyoto and Tokyo to see how the capital has shifted from the old world to the new.  Otherwise, I'd love to tour Europe and see Florence, Italy, home of Ezio Auditore da Fienze--my favorite character!  The Assassin's Creed games really sparked my interest in the lovely areas of France, Italy, and other parts of Europe! 

http://www.photos4travel.com/sites/default/files/Heian_Shrine,_Kyoto,_%2BJapan.jpghttp://alaskanlaszloffy.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/firenze-assassins-creed-ii.jpg

Analyssa- If I could go anywhere, I would want to go to Mexico City. My family traveled there before Ari and I were born, so we didn't get to see or experience the wonders of the culture down there. I would want to go see the Virgen de Guadalupe at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe because I want to actually see the image that inspires the pilgrimage to "A" Mountain every year.   


And as always.....

At the end of each day of camp, we encourage our students to fill out a small survey so that we can better craft an amazing camp experience. The survey for today can be found here!


Don't forget the Hunger Games Activity Night!
Bring friends and family, all are welcome to join us in the feast and training!
Where:   Science Hall
Time:      6:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment